Art 72 Departmental Syllabus [PDF]
Art 72 Prof. Jacques Course Outline [PDF]
Date & Time:
|Claudia Jacques de Moraes Cardoso, MFA, PhD.
Saturday, 10:00 am – 1:40 pm | Online (See Calendar)
Meister C04 | Blackboard & Course Site
||This course will emphasize the basics of composition, lighting, color correction and output. Students will study composition and lighting both in the field and in a commercial studio setting. Students will also examine various methods of digital image presentation including the use of graphic and audio elements in time-based media. This course requires students to have access to a digital camera.
|Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the history of photography in written assignments and quizzes. All projects.
- Apply concepts of pixel-based photography and resolution in the production of digital photography. All projects.
- Utilize digital darkroom methods, including exposure settings, mid-tone adjustments, cropping and color-correction, to develop and enhance digital photographs. All projects.
- Utilize basic principles of design, such as contrast, emphasis, repetition, rhythm and space division, effectively in photographs. All projects.
- Use elements of design, such as texture, line, color and shape, effectively in photographs. All projects.
- Effectively use camera settings, such as shutter speed, aperture setting, white balance, ISO and exposure, in the creation of expressive photography. All projects.
- Demonstrate effective use of natural and studio lighting, including the concept of main and secondary lighting, in photos. All projects.
- Describe and critique photographs successfully, and articulate visual ideas using artistic terminology. All projects.
|Digital Arts Program Goals
- To Introduce students to the process involved in planning and executing the design of visual communications. To foster the ability to create and develop visual form in response to design problems. All projects.
- To foster the development of technologically literate visual communicators who understand the use of traditional tools and new technology in support of their professional and academic career. To promote the development of information literacy. To develop the ability to demonstrate a measurable degree of competence in the use of computer and the major software packages utilized in print and web design. All projects.
- To prepare students with the ability to use reasoning and analysis to research, analyze and evaluate visual communications according to the needs of its audience. All projects.
- To become familiar with the major achievements in the history of art, design and typography, including the works and intentions of leading artists/designers in the past and present. All projects.
- To promote professional growth and development through the use of dynamic self-reflection. To develop in students the ability to examine and critique personal work and values in order to be able to become self-developing in their college and professional careers. All projects.
|General Education Goals
|Communication: Use reading, writing, listening and speaking to find, interpret, and communicate information in various modes, including aesthetic, symbolic and graphic. All projects.
- Digital camera.
- Access to an Internet connected device and digital storage.
- Course site: http://bccart72.claudiajacques.com
- Readings & Tutorials available in the course site.
- Blackboard discussions and quizzes.
- Create and maintain a WordPress Portfolio.
- Communicate through Whatsapp.